I'm discovering how to have fun being 21 in Boston. I love going out, good drinks, good food, good friends, and I'm always looking for somewhere new and exciting. Let's get together for a drink.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Here it goes...

Welcome to my blog. I've never really done this before, so pardon any "blogger mistakes" that I may make as I get used to the feel of this. But I love to write, so let's get started.

My name is Rose, and I'm a 21-year-old fourth-year college student. I come from a pretty small New England town where the college kids and the townies have the same local hangouts. That being said, turning 21 in Boston was a dream. Bars, clubs, lounges, restaurants - it's enough to make anyone's head spin (before they even start drinking.)

I'm almost 22 now, and I feel like I go somewhere new every weekend. I'm not going to be living in Beantown forever, so I'm making the most of it now. I hope you enjoy what I have to say and please leave me comments if you have somewhere you think I should check out!

For now, here are some of my favorite sites I frequent to keep up to date on what's going on in Boston...

Boston.com's Food Page - I absolutely love their features on plonks (cheap wines) and their restaurant reviews.

Sipping from the Boston Phoenix - I check this one out every day. Read this article where 9 mixologists from around the Hub are asked to make the perfect cocktail.

The Imbiber from the Boston Metro - Dan Dunn never fails to make me laugh.

Dining News from the Edge in the Boston Herald - I'm partial to the Boston Globe, but I like to see what the other side has to say.

No comments: