I'm discovering how to have fun being 21 in Boston. I love going out, good drinks, good food, good friends, and I'm always looking for somewhere new and exciting. Let's get together for a drink.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

La Isla Bonita

Hello hello! I have made it back from Puerto Rico pretty much the same way I left, only with a little bit weaker of an immune system, a slight tan, and a few bruises that I honestly don't remember acquiring.

Since I have to do everything in excess, I spent 10 glorious in a beach-side condo in beautiful San Juan, Puerto Rico. I couldn't have asked for a better spring break.

I went to San Juan last year for spring break with four friends and stayed in the same condo complex. We had so much fun, that we decided to go back this year. Two of my best friends who I went with last year and I left on March 3rd and met up with my other roommate and her boyfriend who were staying with us at the complex, but in a different condo.

We also had a whole slew of visitors lined up for our extended stay. Two of our NU friends who were staying in Ponce came down to spend a night with us. One of our other friends who transferred out of NU came to stay with us for five nights. Also, my best friend from home in Connecticut (who also knows all of my Boston friends) came down with one of HER friends for a long weekend. It was like a new vacation started every time we had a new visitor!

The whole vacation was pretty much a whirlwind. We spent our time lounging on the beach, frolicking in the ocean, relaxing on our balcony, playing poolside bingo against retirees, touring the Bacardi factory, riding banana boats, exploring old San Juan and the historic forts, singing karaoke with the locals, hiking to the top of the El Yunque rain forest and swimming in waterfalls. All that, in addition to mid-day tiki bar excursions, pina coladas by the pool, pitchers of sangria and plantains every night, and drinking more rum than I ever thought imaginable. And that's only the PG-rated stuff my friends.

Let's just say that I'm still not adjusted to being back in the states and we're already talking about what we're going to do when we go back. And I probably won't be able to drink another rum and coke until then.

P.S. - Pictures to follow in a later post!

No comments: