I'm discovering how to have fun being 21 in Boston. I love going out, good drinks, good food, good friends, and I'm always looking for somewhere new and exciting. Let's get together for a drink.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous

So my friends and I, sometimes, revert back to our childhood. We like to play pretend. But this is more of a grown-up game of pretend. You see, if we've recently gotten paid or have something to celebrate, we like to pretend to be rich. We'll go shopping in Copley or get dinner and wine on Newbury. Or, we'll go get drinks at somewhere entirely out of our price range.

Yesterday evening, my friend Chris and I decided to get dressed up and get drinks at the Skybar at the Top of the Hub, located on the 52nd floor of the Prudential Tower. And it was totally worth it.

Sitting in the lounge, drinking top-shelf martinis while looking out at an almost 360 degree view of the city of Boston made me feel like I had all the money in the world to spend. Martinis ran about $11 and other cocktails were $8 or $9, but definitely worth it. I ordered the Purple Rain martini and it may have been the best drink I have ever had.

Now I may not be able to afford $11 martinis everyday, but it's definitely fun to splurge and pretend once in awhile.

No comments: