I'm discovering how to have fun being 21 in Boston. I love going out, good drinks, good food, good friends, and I'm always looking for somewhere new and exciting. Let's get together for a drink.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Anti-Valentine's Day

So I know this is fairly typical, but I really, really don't like Valentine's Day. I haven't had an actual "Valentine" since I was 14 and my boyfriend and I spent the evening watching TV on his couch...with his parents.

That being said, I usually make a point to try to organize something for my single friends and I, where we can forget about everyone out there having romantic dinners with their sweethearts. I'm not trying to sound bitter, but I've found that it's way easy to be single on Valentine's Day and still have a fantastic time.

I was quite excited when I stumbled upon this article on Citysearch: "Anti-Valentine's Day Planner." I was all ready to do some research on the best places to take your sweetie on February 14th, but I thought this was MUCH better.

The article splits it up by places for the ladies and places for the guys, but I think that all of their suggestions would work for co-ed groups. Honestly, I prefer the suggestions for the guys.

I, however, already have my own anti-valentine's day plans. Wine, appetizers, wine, chocolate fondue, wine, and my best single pals. I've got about six valentines this year.

No comments: