I'm discovering how to have fun being 21 in Boston. I love going out, good drinks, good food, good friends, and I'm always looking for somewhere new and exciting. Let's get together for a drink.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

This gives a new meaning to "liquid dinners"...

Hello hello. Four days until spring break and counting. I've been so all consumed with midterms and projects and work and signing a lease on a new apartment, I'm surprised I can still count. I'm going to try to update like crazy this week so I won't be missed too much when I'm gone being a beach bum for 9 days.

So I found this article from the Boston Phoenix about food-fused cocktails. Apparently, there is a new trend in the Hub towards cocktails accented with food. I, for one, love a drink with perhaps a pineapple or orange wedge. Blue-cheese olives and oysters in my martini? Not so much.

The story definitely mentions some interesting one. At 28 degrees, they boast the prosciutto-and-melon martini. At the Good Life, they can offer you a cucumber martini.

My favorite, however is one of the specialties at Ivy:

...Ivy (49 Temple Place, Boston, 617.451.1416) has a hearty cocktail that will satisfy your palate and your stomach. The Leaning Mary-tini ($12) is an antipasto of tomato, olive, and fresh mozzarella on a skewer, soaking in citrus vodka, house-infused horseradish gin, fresh lime, and V8 juice, and finished with a salt-and-pepper rim. Basically, it kicks the Bloody Mary’s ass to a gory pulp.

As interesting as all these concoctions sounds, I think I am going to stick to keeping my dinner and drinks separate.

No comments: