I'm discovering how to have fun being 21 in Boston. I love going out, good drinks, good food, good friends, and I'm always looking for somewhere new and exciting. Let's get together for a drink.

Friday, February 9, 2007

Boston Wine Expo

Now this is one of the weekends where I wish I had an unlimited supply of cash. Or a better paying job.

The 16th annual Boston Wine Expo is happening today and tomorrow, February 9th and 10th, at the Seaport World Trade Center.

450 wineries. 1,800 wines. Sounds like a dream come true. Usually, I'm not picky when it comes to wines. Give me an $8 bottle of Sutter Home, or even a $4 bottle from Trader Joe's, and I'm good to go. But this wine expo just sounds way to exciting.

In addition to many, many wine tastings, the Expo is going to feature 15 celebrity chefs, including Ted Allen (from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy) and famous Boston chef Todd English, who are going to cook up some gourmet deliciousness for participants to taste.

Tickets for the expo are pretty pricey, but if I had so extra cash, I would definitely be going. A one-day ticket is $85 and a two-day ticket is $120.

Likes like I'm going to spend the weekend dreaming of fine wines, when I'll actually just be drinking cheap beer.

No comments: