I'm discovering how to have fun being 21 in Boston. I love going out, good drinks, good food, good friends, and I'm always looking for somewhere new and exciting. Let's get together for a drink.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fat Tuesday

I apologize for my week-long disappearing act. I have been hiding out in the loft at my parent's condo in Connecticut f0r the long weekend. The best place I can think of when I need a break from the city. The only downfall: My wireless Internet connection is less than stellar.

That being said, I'm back in action and counting down 11 days until I am sunbathing on the beach in San Juan Puerto Rico. But on to more relevant topics.

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. If your Catholic, this means the start of 40 days and 40 nights of not eating meat on Fridays and giving up something you hold near and dear to your heart until Easter. This also means that today is the official Mardi Gras, or as some like to call it, Fat Tuesday. And since we aren't really too close to New Orleans, some Boston-area hot spots are throwing Fat Tuesday bashes of their own.

On the front of today's Boston Globe Sidekick, they listed a couple good suggestions for ways to celebrate Fat Tuesday. Tequila Rain is having a SoCo Lime party with a Mardi Gras theme. Dick's Last Resort in Fanueil Hall is also hosting a Mardi Gras party with a best-dressed contest and a craw fish-eating contest.

Coincidentally, these are also the two most popular events for today on HeyLet'sGo Boston. If you are in the mood to go crazy and try to snag some beads, you know where to go.

No comments: